Outlook oab not updating exchange 2016
I want to provide some hints on things that need to be checked in order to follow the OAB generation and publishing process from the server to the client.
While checking this list, the administrator can be sure that the OAB has been generated successfully and check if it has been published at the place where the Outlook client is expecting to find it.
This morning I was asked to update the Global Address List and Offline Address Book in an Exchange environment.
You could wait for Exchange to do it automatically (the default schedule is once a day) but what when you want to force the update to take place right now?
This new architecture provides greater resiliency in OAB generation.
That let me Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration and determine that my autodiscovery wasn’t working too well.(Hint: you should see URLs for OOF and OAB, the user name it would use, etc.) With the help of this article on the Official SBS Blog, and the Go Daddy picture on Susan Bradley’s blog, I got autodiscovery cleared up by adding a SRV record to my Go Daddy DNS. When I browsed to the full OAB URL provided by the autodiscovery, I got a “500 – Internal server error” (and another time, a “Runtime Error”). Right-click on the web.config file and select Edit Permissions.The 500 error led me to this article which recommends changing the permissions on the web.config file in the OAB directory. Here are the simplified instructions that worked for me: 1. Navigate to Server SBS Web Applications, then the OAB virtual directory. In my case, I saw only SYSTEM, the SBS admin user, and the Administrators group listed.In Exchange 2013, OAB files are not stored locally on the CAS.CAS 2013 proxies all OAB download requests to the appropriate Exchange 2013 Mailbox server.